Monday, December 24, 2012

Sick Ducky

Yikes!  I'm behind the commenting times.  Yes, readers, the Bub is sick.  He had a fever for much of last week.  Developing it, of course, upon arriving at Nana and Zayde's house for an overnight stay.  Some things seem always to happen there in the Bronx: fevers and binge eating.  I can't explain the fevers, but I suspect that he likes to eat more when someone actually cooks good food for him.  I'll be the first to admit that one of the bad habits I am passing on to my son is sporadic snacking and rarely actual meals.  Poor child will probably grow up to experience hives whenever someone offers him cheese and crackers.  I just read on the internets that eating vegetables in front of your children will influence their lifelong intake of veggies, even if they don't begin to eat them themselves until they're older.

But I digress.  So Sasha had a low-grade fever for much of last week.  We took him to the doctor Thursday when his fever got higher and he started complaining about his stomach hurting.  That, and he couldn't breathe from the wheezing and the cough.  So the photo in the last post was from me taking him outside where he promptly fell asleep.  (The stroller is almost outgrown and only gets used on those rare days when a nap is inevitable.)

After three days of prednisone doses and nebulizer treatments, he's feeling somewhat better, though his cough is still sounds painful and it wakes him up at night.  If he starts smoking at any point in his life, I may have to "slap him upside the head" as a psychopath recommended when Sasha dared to walk in front of him yesterday.  Anyway, he's feeling well enough to be very excited about Christmas and we have plans to make creme wafer cookies today. Yay!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, lovely psychopathic comment! What kids miss who don't grow up in a big city. ha ha?! But glad to read the update on the sick little duckie and that he's better. Is it bronchitis? And my diet is much like yours, Mamu! I'm a grazer. Happy Christmas and yes, a package will be arriving soon. Late, but not too late!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was the 'Big Duck's' Christmas? When is Hanukkah? Mason had some bug too. No fever, but after he threw up all night T&C took him to the ER and per usual a 'viral' infection was diagnosed, i.e., we have no fricking idea what's going on but it isn't catching;-)) C said it was pretty bad because Mr Motion would just lay where he was 'put' couch etc. and just not move. Then he would fall asleep. Wake up and lay there and over and over. I couldn't go to visit him and wasn't exactly wanted because I asked since I remember how tiring it is to have a sick child when you are basically the only one taking care of them. Question Sandy: Silly me, I gave the IPAD Sean gave me (his old one) to Mason as he's better at working it than I am. Now it seems that somehow my email is 'sent' or 'shows up' or somehow goes to the IPAD also. I doubt T looks at it, but it makes me uncomfortable since it's just there and no special anything is needed to read it. Do you know what I can do to get it off of the IPAD? Thanks.

    Fill me in on Sasha's reaction to Christmas, please.

    I'm sure you've heard that Mollie and I are going to WI in July or there abouts for your Mom's 60th. It was decided that Feb just wouldn't cut it for a visit. Like you Mom said, what are we going to do? Sit in the house and drink coffee? I for one would be and not out tramping in the snow and cold. But, I digress (surprise surprise) once we have a date hammered out do you think you guys might make it out? That would be so great.

    Merry Christmas
    Love
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete