Saturday, August 8, 2009

Early morning coffee

On the weekends, Nerdy and I take turns getting up with Sasha and letting the other sleep in. This morning, as I was sitting groggily in my beach chair (thanks, Mom!) in Sasha's room, I was considering making a pot of coffee but decided against it because then I would be energized but confined to quiet time in the bedroom. So I would be antsy to get things done I'd be limited to an activity such as putting toys in and out of a box, one of Sasha's favorite daily events. I was reminded of a sign in the pediatrician's office: "Coffee: Do Stupid Things Faster and With More Energy!" Even at an uncaffeinated 6:15am it made me chuckle. Again. And I was reminded of yet another coffee joke I enjoy. At the Black Cat Cafe in Irvington they have a sign at the register: "Unattended children will be given a double espresso and a new puppy."

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh....coffee. I'm going through a similar situation here because Taylor was up from 1am-5am (good times) and I'm a single mom this week and freakin' exhausted; however, if I drink any coffee, then I won't be able to nap when she does. Too much of a risk---I'll just use toothpicks to keep my eyes open for another 45 minutes, then it's Goodnight Irene!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, you're so great at telling stories about Sasha and his attendants! Hope you got your coffee sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may not be family from far away but I love this blog! It seems that I cannot get enough of Sasha even though I just saw him eating the sand of Rockaway 2 days ago. Sandy,you are doing a great job!

    Lynn/Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea - keep it coming, you're doing a great job keeping us in touch as much as we can

    Papa/Zayde/Shachna/Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch, Carrie-- I hope you got a good nap in. Thanks everyone for your kind comments! I'll keep it coming :)

    ReplyDelete