Saturday, August 22, 2009

Me, too

Can I just say, Sasha's so cute! I love his age right now as he's learning social skills. He LOVES to wave hello to people on the subway and if they're close enough, to touch them out of curiosity. I generally discourage the touching part, but he gets so many people to smile and say hello it's really quite amazing. Yesterday he so charmed an elderly lady that she was moved to find a tangerine for him among her groceries. Which he loved, of course-- it's food after all. Maybe I should say the lady charmed Sasha?

A hilarious new behavior is Laugh With the Group. If he's in a room with people having conversation and laughter erupts, he looks up and starts a fake-sounding "aHa! aHa! aHa!" because he'd like everyone to know that he's in on the joke, too, and "Oh boy, isn't that funny?"

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love all those social developments!!! I can't wait to see him and get charmed by his flirtatious ways!! I can't believe an old lady gave up her tangerine---how cute :) Isn't it amazing how no matter how cranky someone may look to be, when they see a cute baby, they cannot help but to be drawn in by the little one's joy for life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy for life is so right! Little people are so wonderfully naive. I wish we could keep that as an adult but I guess you have to wait till you're 80 and then they call it senile!! And Sandy, you of course can say that Sasha is so cute cause he is!! We all just can't wait to see his cuteness!!

    ReplyDelete