Friday, November 23, 2012

The Next Disaster

During Hurricane Sandy, Sasha and I were out of town and only knew the storm through news reports on the "Frankenstorm," so-named because it would hit on Halloween.  But he's ready the next one.

From our conversation on the way home from our family trip to the library:

Sasha:  I felt a drop of rain!

Mama:  Oh yeah?  I don't see any clouds.

Sasha:  I felt it right here (reaching underneath his jacket and pointing to his rib).

Mamu:  Hmm, let's check the forecast.

Sasha:  I'll do it!  Can I have your phone?

Mamu:  Sure, here.

Sasha:  [Checks forecast.]  Look!  Thunderstorms!  Maybe it's going to be another Frankenstorm.

Mama:  No, honey, I don't think there's going to be another one of those.

Sasha:  Oh. [Brief pause] Oh, it's a Chickenstorm!  For Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. He's so funny and cute! I love the rain drop on his rib under his clothes! He's so creative thinking of a new name for a storm that's near the Thanksgiving holiday. I told you he's going to be in color commentary on TV although i was thinking in sports but maybe weather too?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Hope this isn't some fear of big storms, or does he wish he'd been around for it? I was scared of tornadoes as a kid--I was the first one in the basement even if nobody else ever came down to join me! Yeah, PTSD from seeing serious tornado damage up in Fargo, ND, where a great aunt lived. Oh, and a bad scare when we were at the "Pink" cabins in Merrimac. Chickenstorm sounds much more mild than a Frannkenstorm. You don't think he'll be a stand-up comic, Mon? And then morph into a Stephen Colbert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sandy, he must be so fun to be with. It just makes me smile and smile and smile when I read your stories. Sasha sounds like a child who could cheer up the unhappiest person in the world.

    ReplyDelete