Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fish-n-Chips-n-Sasha

Is it really called lunch if you chase a baby around for an hour while scrambling to shove food in your mouth whenever you get the chance? This weekend we went to a fish-n-chips shop in the Slope, one that bills itself as "Family Friendly" and has awards to show for it. They were very nice and accommodating and gave us a huge table all to ourselves. Probably to keep us away from the other patrons. We ordered fried everything, please, and let the chase begin.

Wait! I don't want to sit in the corner. I know you're trying to hem me in here. I'm going to face backwards and try to tumble over the side until you move me.

Oh no way! The lap is NOT HAPPENING.

At least I can reach the bottle of malt vinegar from here. And it's glass, too!

OK this is more like it! I see a vast expanse before me and no moms in the way.

See you guys! I'll be back later after I check this out.

Everybody loves this napkin trick. Ah, yes, more adoring fans.

Hello neighbor! In addition to the napkin trick, I also can wave.

I hate this high chair but at least I got as far as the other side of the table.

Lemon on the floor? Check. Fries on the floor? Check. Coleslaw on the floor? Check. Fish on the floor? Check. Sippy cup on the floor? Check. Twice? Check. Oh wait here's something still on the table.

I love having lunch!

1 comment: