Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Stats at 15 Months

The Bub went to the doctor today and he's tall but not heavy according to the CDC's average growth charts. He is very heavy according to me and my biceps. 32 1/4 inches tall and 25 pounds! He even got to stand on the "big boy" scale to get weighed; no more countertop baby-in-the-basket scale for this young man.

He also got two shots but was so brave he only squished up his face and put out a big lower lip before quickly recovering. No crying, thank goodness. Probably had something to do with the big, distracting jar of lollipops the doctor set in his lap before stabbing him.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a beautiful day in Brooklyn to go to the doc's for a shot and a lollipop. And really, who needs to go the gym when they lift a 25 lb. weight all day long! Hugs to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Medical people that work with kids are so clever. I mean, you're not gonna wanna cry if you're aiming to get one of the lollipops. I remember when I got a shot as a kid and the nurse asked if I could be as brave as the last child that didn't even cry. Well, of course I could- and I've never had problems with shots since.

    It's cute that he did a face. It's not like he didn't notice that he was just given a shot, but he'll deal (for lollipops).

    ReplyDelete