Sunday, July 18, 2010

Instant Friends

The Bub made a new friend last weekend: Lennox, the sweetest 4-year-old I've ever met. Lennox was visiting from Los Angeles with his moms (old friends of Nerdy). They first met in the playground and though initially they weren't interested in each other, they found common ground in a dusty patch of ground along the fence at the playground. I think they spent an hour or more just getting dirty.




The next day, they went to another playground together, this time playing in the sprinklers and getting soaked. They returned to our place where they debated some World Cup plays before we stripped off their wet clothes. They immediately decided playing naked was even better than playing with clothes on. So the jaybirds ran around, jumped on the bed, drew with crayons, and ate berries until it was time to get dressed to leave. But what a tragedy! They both cried to have to leave each other. Our promises of more fun the next day were barely enough to soothe their breaking hearts.



Fortunately, they were able to spend all the next day together, where they played dinosaurs, splashed in the pool, ate French fries for lunch, shared an ice cream cone, and ran around the playground for a few rounds of BeBaBo. No one but the two of them has any idea what game that is, but it involves chanting "BeBaBo," and circling around objects such as bike racks, trees, and lamp posts. I don't know a whole lot about 4-year-olds, but I assume that most wouldn't have the time of day for a "baby," much less play invented games for hours on end. Which is why Lennox is my favorite kid in California.


5 comments:

  1. What an incredible tale. We can only hope that despite the distance they will remain friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I think Sasha is going to want everybody his best friend! He just loves people so much! This was a great way to balance out or erase the bully experience. What perfect timing! Thanks for the great story, I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some great action shots!! Love the one where Sasha is running like mad after Lennox and then Sasha running ahead of him. An angel drawing angels into his circle. And looking at shirtless Sasha--OMG, he looks like a child body-builder! tee hee. So glad Lennox and he met. Thanks again for all your stories, Wisco.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Maybe we'll start calling him Atlas. (I was going to say Arnold Schwarzenblahblah but I have no clue how to spell it). Neither Nerdy or I think of him as particularly big or strong, but lately we've been getting comments from people about how he's "solid." I don't know about that, but it's true that it would take more than a light breeze to knock him over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious. I love all the pictures. I can't believe they even cried to part! I didn't know what you meant when you said they were debating the world cup. Then I saw the picture and you really meant just that. Ha.

    ReplyDelete