Friday, July 30, 2010

Talking and Pretending

Oh, the things you can learn from a little red monster. I checked out "Elmo Goes to the Doctor" video from the library (Well, he checked it out. On his Elmo library card.) When he watches it, I don't really pay attention because I'm using Elmo as a babysitter while I run around the house trying to pack a diaper bag, make a shopping list, check my email, whatever. So yesterday Nerdy and I were hanging out with the Bub, "helping" dig through his toy boxes. He found a piece of his medical kit, the ear scope thingy, and got all excited. He careened right toward my face, then stopped, turned my head, and said CHEKKADAH-EEYA, first looking in one ear and then the other, CHEKKADAH-EEYA. Nerdy immediately got the same CHEKKADAH-EEYA treatment, and we got our ears checked 3 or 4 times. A few minutes later, he found a plastic eggplant which I was instructed to "blabbedy blabbedy MOUF" so he could take my temperature. And Nerdy, too-- in the MOUF. Then more CHEKKADAH-EEYA. Then we had our temperatures taken under our AHMPEET (actually our elbows but we're not complaining).

He's really trying to talk now and getting much better with his pronunciation. He's a little echo, repeating most of what he hears. One of my favorites: ICE KEEMA. He loves it. He even demanded a popsicle for breakfast the other day. Fortunately, he eats so slowly that most of it melts before he's able to eat all that sugar.

Another fave of mine: THE PEEPO ON THE BUS GO OP EE DON! OP EE DON! OP EE DON! THE PEEPO ON THE BUS GO OP EE DON! ALL IN THE MINE.

5 comments:

  1. OMG, I love this post. I can just see him checking your ears and your temperatures. Such wondeful mamas. Letting him eat a popsicle for breakfast(!)and him talking about how all those PEEPO move OP EE DON the bus. And ALL IN THE MINE. [Is that "all in a line?"] Sweetie pie, Bub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds like he's really talking a lot! I can't wait to see him next month. I think you could have a career in phonetics! I could really "hear" little Sasha talking. What a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute!!! I can't wait to hear him talking when he's here! I love the doctor routine---the temperature taking in the elbow was the same treatment I got for a long time, too :) And singing songs already??!! Can't wait to hear that, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you may have a little future nurse: ear, mouth, AND armpit! I like th ebus song, that is so cute. He's just a charmer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Guys,
    Just found the blog courtesy of Mollie!! Sasha is a genius. He's talking better than a five year old. When does he write his first book?;-) I WANT TO SEE HIM BEFORE HE'S 15!!! Darn darn darn

    He has an amazing vocabulary and if he can play with a four year old his social skills must be amazing. Oh darn why am I living here?

    Question, I don't know if you've ever seen the diaper covers? I thought they were just for cloth diapers, but you can put them over disposable ones too and use any kind of cotton fabric and they're only one pattern piece and four pieces of velcro. Any interest? I see, much to my dismay that he doesn't like to wear clothes, oh my;-)))) I should make him a little medical scrubs! Aha. I've been trying to think of one more thing to make. If I'm going to spend $20 to send all the clothes the box will be stuffed to the brim. sob sob I want to see him, oh, you guys too. Enjoy your time in WI that's where the clothes are going, one box will be cheaper. I hope the clothes fit, but as I told Carrie, if they don't you might know someone else, like Beckett who will probably fit into them in a few months;-) What a big boy, whew. He's so cute.

    ReplyDelete