Saturday, April 9, 2011

Soccer!

Today was the Bub's first day of soccer class.  I'm not sure who was more excited, me or him, but it doesn't really matter.  The class is a "parent and child" one, so it will be a Saturday morning bonding experience for Mama and Bub.  I will get some much-needed time off, but I had to attend today to check it out (and to get pictures!) and because I knew it would be cute and funny to see a outdoor class full of 2-year-olds.  How does a coach herd cats? The answer, I discovered, is they don't. For the duration of class, tots would take off across the field then get chased down and brought back by a parent. One kid lay down on top of the net. Another collected the hoops that were intended to mark a running track.  One carried her "home base" rubber mat with her everywhere she went.  I am proud to say that Sasha was very well-behaved, listening to the coach and excited to participate.  He still doesn't understand the waiting in line thing, but whatever-- I hate it, too, and I've had a few decades to get used to it.

Bonus: the t-shirts provided are purple! With a logo in distressed yellow to satisfy the most discerning fashionista.

The weather was cooperative, too.  One of the only nice days we've had so far this year. Get here soon, summer.






4 comments:

  1. Well, I guess Spring has sprung in Brooklyn at least. I just knew he would enjoy this- running, kicking, a wide open field. And Mama too what's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! And I love the pic where he's mid-run, mid-kick---looks like a natural!! I'm impressed he likes it!! I was thinking about enrolling Taylor in soccer but thought 3 was too young---apparently I was wrong!!! Now I'm gonna look into it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm impressed. And agree with Carrie--his mid-run, mid-kick photo--definitely looks like a natural. Even leaning his body into the move--the way the big guys do it! And so cute--yes, love the shirts too! It's amazing what a barely 2 1/2 yr old can do! Glad his Mama and he have special time together, and Mamu has special time too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks like he really likes it! And has got the leaning moves already. Must be a natural. Look out Beckham!! It looked like a fabulous day to be outside.

    ReplyDelete