Friday, September 9, 2011

First Day of Preschool

Sasha's first day of school was Wednesday!  It was only for 90 minutes and both Moms were there, so not a big deal, but he got to meet the teachers and the other kids.  He was surprisingly shy around the teachers and didn't pay much attention to the kids.  But Thursday, Day 2 (another 90 minutes with parents), he got friendly with the kids and paid no mind to Mama.

Today is his first big day going alone.  We're very excited to see how it goes, and so far we haven't got a phone call.  Today is only a half-day and I'm sure he'll be happy as a clam.  I am worried about next week, though, when he faces the shock of full days away from home, that this isn't a one-time special event. I know I'll be feeling the pain. I just hope is very social nature will carry the day and he'll decide that being around other kids all day is way better than hanging out with Mamu.  Maybe some kid will be just as eager as Sasha to play superheroes all day long.

First day of school pic!

3 comments:

  1. Awww, he's so cute in those red rubber boots. Sounds like he's taking to school well (so far.) I love first day of school photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, how'd he do on his first full day of school without Mama or Mamu around? I'm sure you are feeling the pain, Wisco. How could you not? Your little boy is at school and you two have been two peas in a pod almost every day for nearly three years. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first day of school pic too. Do something for yourself too- an emotional time this must be, I would think.

    ReplyDelete