Friday, November 18, 2011

Birthday Cupcakes

The Bub is now 3!  Amazing.  I can't believe only 3 years ago he was a little smushed-up, wrinkly, little creature depriving us of sleep and now he's a walking, talking boy with very strong opinions depriving us of sleep.

But he's still my little baby that makes me smile.  Or laugh.  Like when we walk past the laundromat and he calls it the washamo-mat.  Or when he tells the walnut, "I'm gonna eat you, nut wall."

We're having a birthday party for him tomorrow.  To my surprise, we've invited 4 families to join us in our hovel-- now that's love-- to have a celebration.  Balloons, streamers, cake, the whole nine yards.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for lots of "sharing nicely" and "keeping our hands to ourselves."  Sasha's pretty good at the former, but not so much with the latter.  (We're having our very first parent-teacher conference after Thanksgiving, so we'll get to hear more about that.)  Let the festivities continue!

And to all the people who had disappointing or non-existent Skype conversations with the birthday boy yesterday: let's try again another day.  I think being the center of attention for an entire day was overwhelming.

Also, I did make birthday cupcakes and as promised, here's a photo.  (Note to Carrie: Yes, that's Wilton tip #233.  Certainly not as cool as a rainbow cupcake, but still kinda cute.)




4 comments:

  1. Very cool cupcakes!! You win the cute award! I bet he was so proud to take them to school. Now that he knows what you can do, I wonder what he'll ask for next year?? Have fun at the birthday party for friends and fam. Tell that little "nut wall" Grandma Z says Happy Birthday and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid the birthday cake may pale in comparison to these awesome cupcakes! We'll see. Happy Birthday to all 3 of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the washamo-mat and nut wall. Lol!!! The cupcakes are cute- looks like a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the cupcakes, Wisco! They are adorable & have that "professionally-made" look! And you were worried. Well, here's to your new vocation. ;-) And I'm glad he's still your little baby. :-)
    Hey, Bub, hope your birthday party was a blast! I'm so excited that you are having a big ol' party to celebrate YOU! XOXO to all.

    ReplyDelete